Anyone who suffers from a Thyroid issue knows the effects it has on your whole body and everyday tasks in life can sometimes seem too difficult. There are numerous Symptoms one can suffer from on a daily basis, from fatigue to a lack of appetite. Most Thyroid patients will need to take some form of medication every day just to survive. On top of taking the thyroid medication it can help to take extra vitamins and minerals to give added energy and vitality.
We all know how hard it is to get the adequate amount of vitamins and minerals into ones diet every day just by eating balanced meals.
Recently I was introduced to an Australian vitamin company called Hivita. They have come out with a vitamin especially for thyroid sufferers. This vitamin is Hivita Daily D + Iodine. These are two of the most needed ingredients to help in the support of Thyroid function. This vitamin supplement is the only one like it available on the market and it is Australian made and owned by a couple who have spent their lives trying to improve the health of others with their supplements.
Did you know that one in five Australians are iodine deficient and one in four are deficient in vitamin D? A lack of Vitamin D can cause one to suffer from exhaustion, bouts of depression and some muscle soreness.
* Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics; Health Survey 2011-2013
I have been taking the Hivita Daily D + Iodine supplement along with a Women’s Multi for about 4 weeks now and I have to say I have noticed an overall difference since taking these vitamins. One major thing I have noticed the most is my weight loss. I am not going to say that these supplements help in weight loss but certainly as the information suggests:
- Assist in the proper functioning of the thyroid gland for regulation of metabolism
I believe it has helped in the digestive area. I have noticed a significant loss of weight that I just couldn’t seem to lose. For some time now my weight would fluctuate and most of the time increase only just after losing it no matter what I did. I feel a general improvement in this area and other people around me have noticed the loss of weight as well.
The vitamins have given me a general sense of well being. I don’t feel so tired on waking in the morning. I also seem to have an extra amount of energy I can put into my daily routine when normally I would feel drained and too tired to complete the task before me. Having 8 children these tasks can sometimes seem monstrous and something I would rather leave off for another day. It feels great to have this added energy and I feel more positive in facing the day ahead.
My husband also started taking the Men’s Multi. He currently has to get up at 5:30am and travel almost 2 hours to get to work. He said these vitamins have helped him wake up in the morning and continued to help him stay awake for the journey to work. We all know how draining a long trip can be and I know there are a lot of people out there that travel such distances everyday just for work. It is great knowing that there is a multi vitamin that can help in giving more energy and keep you healthier to keep going. As he says it continues to give him energy through the day to complete his tasks which are very taxing on his body.
I have also been giving my children the LiquiVita for kids. I was uncertain how they would go taking this vitamin as I have only ever used chewy tablets in the past but they actually enjoyed the pineapple & mango flavour. They are now the ones reminding me to give them the vitamins instead of me begging them to take it.
For a short time Hivita has set up a unique discount code for my ‘Thyroid Living’ readers. You will receive a 30% discount on any purchase of their range of vitamins. Just go to Hivita.com.au and on checkout type in your unique code: THYROIDLIVING to receive your discount. But hurry this offer is only available until the 31st August 2015.
On top of this they offer free shipping for orders over $50
If you are looking for something else to try other than what you already use, I can personally recommend the Hivita range. It has definitely made a difference in my life and I believe it will continue to give me a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Here are some more Hivita facts and their Vitamin range that may interest you:
- Hivita is available in all good chemists and health food stores and is also available to buy online at http://hivita.com.au/ (free shipping for all orders over $50.00)
- Nothing but the finest quality ingredients have gone into Hivita products.
- Hivita is Australian made, owned and formulated
The Hivita Range
Hivita has a multivitamin for every stage and phase of your life:
- Stress Relief has one of the highest levels of B3 on the market plus added vitamins and minerals to help relieve nervous tension, stress, tiredness and mild anxiety. It also provides an energy boost and mood lift – perfect for parents feeling overwhelmed
- High potency Daily B: Great for a daily energy boost plus offers strong antioxidant and immunity support plus relief from stress.
- High potency Daily C + Zinc: A high dose of vitamin C + Zinc to boost your immunity and protect against cold and flu.
- High Strength Daily D + Iodine: Special blend of high dose Vitamin D with added Iodine for bone and thyroid health and a general feeling of wellbeing
- High potency Men’s multi: a comprehensive one-a-day tablet for energy, stress relief, reproductive health and mental performance.
- High potency Women’s multi: a comprehensive one-a-day tablet for energy, stress relief, calcium absorption and strong antioxidant support
- Hivita Liquivita: a naturally delicious fruit-flavoured liquid multivitamin for people who don’t like tablets.
- Menosoy for menopause relief: helps in the relief of menopausal symptoms including hot flushes and night sweats with the added calming effects of Passion flower
- Hivita Liquivita for Kids: a naturally delicious way to help fill nutritional gaps if fussy eaters. Helps boost immunity supports healthy growth and development. No artificial colours or flavours. Naturally delicious pineapple and mango fruity flavour.