3/4 Cup Butter or Margarine
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Treacle
1 1/2 Tablespoons Vinegar
4 Cups Plain Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Ginger
1 Teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda
3/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 Teaspoon Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1. In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Stir in egg, treacle, vinegar, and beat well.
3. Sift dry ingredients together.
4. Stir gradually into treacle mixture until well combined.
5. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
6. Roll out half the dough at a time. aprox. 3mm thick.
7. Using shaped pastry cutters, cut as many biscuits as possible.
8. Place on baking paper on oven trays.
9. Bake in moderate oven for 6 to 8 mins.
10. Place on cake cooler.
11. Add decorations of your choice using pure icing mixture.